Sports performance is one of the most demanding forms of training. The NASM Performance Enhancement Specialization (NASM-PES) will prepare you to work with clients at any level from youth sports to professional athletes. Developed utilizing NASM’s evidence-based OPT™ model, the NASM-PES takes training to a higher level by introducing the Maximal Power phase. This phase of training focuses on high-velocity training to increase an athlete’s power input.
The advanced knowledge and skills gained from the NASM-PES program will help you improve client athletic performance, especially their power, speed, agility and quickness.
Students who successfully complete NASM Essentials of Sports Performance Training will have the ability to:
- Identify the foundational principles that lead to enhanced sports performance for athletes of various fitness needs and goals.
- Design safe and effective training programs used for improving performance amongst various sports.
- Evaluate exercise selection, execution, and technique specific to sports performance.
- Determine performance assessments used to assess and program for athletes in different seasons throughout a training year.
The NASM-PES Self-Study package includes:
- NASM-PES Digital textbook
- NASM-PES hard copy Textbook
- NASM-PES Syllabus and Study Guide
- NASM-PES Online Learning application and lecture videos
- NASM-PES Exercise library
- NASM-PES Module quizzes
- NASM-PES Online Practice Exam
- NASM-PES Final Exam (3 attempts)
- A current NASM-CPT certification, or
- A current health and fitness certification accredited by NCCA, NBFE or DETC, or
- REPs Level 3 or higher credential (candidates outside of the US only), or
- 4-year collegiate degree or
- Be a current Licensed or Certified Massage Therapist